Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
LockChuck92

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
Best Tow Bar/Brake Combo & Protecting Toad

I'm sorry if some of this has already been discussed, but it's late and I'm too tired to search the forum for similar discussions.
I'm about to install a tow bar and braking system on my toad, and I'm asking for your best advice not only for tow bars and braking systems, but also how best to protect my toad when traveling. My rig is an ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse and my toad is a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 3" lift kit and oversized wheels and tires. I've zeroed in on a Blue Ox Alpha tow bar and a SMI Stay N Play braking system; would certainly love to hear any reviews on these products and/or if you recommend a different combination. Also, should I invest in something like a Roadmaster Tow Defender, Blue Ox KarGuard deflector, or the like? Finally, are mud flaps sufficient or should I look into one of those rear rock guards that go all the way across the rear of the coach? Sorry for so many questions, but my jeep is pretty sharp and I want not only to tow her safely, I also want to keep her looking good! Thanks in advance everyone!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.