Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 05:33 AM   #4
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
He sent me out to the battery compartment to check 3 breakers I did not know existed
Too bad Thor doesn't put that fact into some kind of documentation... it would be nice to know before being stranded somewhere in the rain. Perhaps a placard showing where all of the fuses and breakers are that is permanently affixed to the inside of a cabinet door. Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote:
Furnace works great, but only one fan speed, there is a high, and low setting but no difference between the two speeds that I can determine
Same thing here... in fact, the A/C is also just a single speed. I did not see where the wiring diagram on my furnace had a function for different speeds, and my A/C manual does not have a schematic. The thermostat however has two speeds, but apparently not my appliances... oh well, close enough.

Quote:
Electric only side of water heater does not work (gas works great)
Forgive me for being presumptuous, but are you positive your heater is gas/electric? The panel on my coach has a switch for Hot Water Electric, but I only have a gas water heater. I confirmed this by the water heater model number, and confirmation that there is no electric element attached to the heater.

So this remains a "mystery switch", as it is a mystery why it is there. However, wiring up panels generically is not unusual as a couple of my boats have had that as well. The boats at least ran the wires to the intended locations so that in the future, you could add that option later if not initially ordered.

I don't know yet if Thor did the same, or if the other end of the switch goes into the ether.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum