Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:25 AM   #6
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
For the plastic door trim I used Gorilla Clear Epoxy my wife got at Walmart I think; cost about $5. It's easy to use, the only down side is that you have to mix the two parts, and then have limited time before it sets up.
LOL! Limited setup time..that's for sure..more on that in a sec.

Here is the A-Pillar on the drivers side:

There is about a 1/2" flange on the side by the driver's window. It looks like Thor just lines that with silicone or some other flexible sealant when they put the cover on.

On our unit the top and bottom are secured in place by being wedged up against the bunk at the top and the dash on the bottom--so it isn't going anywhere.

I've noticed that the flange in the middle has pulled away from the wall a little (on both pillars actually) so this post was looking for a way to secure that back to the wall.

I grabbed some Gorilla Epoxy and attempted to use it on the passenger side pillar. By the time I had the passenger side pillar done the mixed Epoxy had set (wow is that some exothermic reaction going on there!) so I didn't get a chance to try it on the driver's side.

Once I got the passenger side set it had occurred to me that maybe I want to use something a little more flexible so that the cover can move a little with the bumps and whatnot of the road.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum