Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Electric Bikes?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #33
paul905

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #3162
Rad Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Hello
Have been looking for an e bike for us. I like the rad but was curious why you are considering them over others. I am trying to make a decision on what bike to purchase. Thanks for your help. Yes
These days I like the Rad City for myself. They use a direct drive motor that is bullet proof. Unlike geared hub motors there is no plastic planetary gears to wear out. They come complete with fenders, rack, lights 2 frame sizes and regenerative braking all for $1500. However I just put a new 11AH battery on my 5yr old Townie that has a 500 watt front direct drive motor on it. By the way the old 5yr 10AH lithium battery was still working well but its age was concerning me. Remember I said the direct drive motors were bullet proof. So I'm good for a while. I did get a chance to ride a Rad Rover fat tire bike in Myrtle Beach and it felt amazingly solid.

Now all that being said I recently purchased a Juiced Bike model Ocean Current for my wife because the Rad Bikes does not offer a true Step Thru frame for the ladies. So far so good. She loves it. It does have a 500 watt geared hub motor but it should be ok as she is much lighter than I am and is much easier on the bike than I am. It has a simple display and a torque and cadence pedal assist plus a thumb throttle. I rode it a few times and was impressed. https://shop.juicedbikes.com/collect...rent-step-thru

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum