Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #59
Buckle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Y
State: Minnesota
THOR #8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
Yeah I measured them when I bought them and they were taller than the junk that was in there. I don't remember the measurements now. I bought them about a month ago.

The wood trim measures about 3/4 inch. I have about 1/4 inch to spare in height room now to the bottom of the step.

The Sam's club Duracell was highly recommended for this conversion.

mac 'hope they last' gyvr
I just purchased a 2018 31Y Chateau about a month ago. We just spent a long weekend on the original house battery. We actually were hardly at the RV except to sleep. We ran the overhead fan overnight and a few lights as needed. When we left the RV we turned off all power. I guess what I mean is we were careful with our energy usage, but Sunday morning when we woke up we had almost zero charge left on the battery. Its not a big deal because we turned on the generator and did what we need to do, but i would like to have more capacity.

So I am thinking this week I want to add an additional battery, but please forgive my ignorance, why did you use two 6 volt batteries and not two 12 volts? The 31Y has the battery under the step as well and it appears the rack could hold 4 batteries and seems to have decent clearance for the additional cabling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum