Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #13
campincarters

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Connecticut
THOR #3490
It has happened to me also

The first time I had to take my unit to a truck mechanic to look at the gas intake line. He said it was drooping and he fixed that. Was working fine for about a year then on my last trip it started again. The vapor canister was not responding so they replaced that. He also told me to place a board under my back tire at the gas station and change the angle a bit. He said he has had others have this happen and this seems to help. When I was getting to a gas station and unscrewed my gas cap I would get a large expelling of gas fumes and gas would spray out. I knew it was not venting so I would undo the gas cap every few hours to release pressure which seemed to work. Try pulling onto a piece of wood about 2 inches tall at the pump and change the angle. It is awful to put gas in I know but it will go just do it slowly and never overfill.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum