Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Schwintek full wall slide failure

These schwintek full slide systems are just a real bear to deal with! I wished I had saw posts like these before I bought..... No one should be dealing with issues like this....

Anyways.... I'm hoping that you don't need to take the slide out. That is a major undertaking. We hoped that Thor would do just that last December when we tried to have our 2017 34.3 Miramar full wall slide fixed (it drifted out during travel and we got the same circuit faults you commented on). Thor decided not do this and, instead, cut corners on our fix (in our opinion).

We had the motors and sync boxes replaced and also re-ran wiring without any success at the dealership (Longview RV). Thor took back the RV and merely replaced the 3 trax system. But it still got delivered back to us with the slide drift issue. You see? Not even Thor can figure out the malfunctions sometimes.... It might be possible that the slide is not plumbed right or is warped (who knows....)

The last Thor diagnosis on ours (at the dealership) was that the T- brackets were causing the slide to drift out (teeth/ gear jumping). They wanted to grind them down. We said, "no thank you" and hired an attorney.

If you are out of warranty, I would play with the wiring connections as someone suggested. Moving the slide out is definately a last resort.

Good luck. These SCHWINTEK SLIDE systems are destined to fail. Starting to see more and more slides (at about the 2-3 yrs) failing. Please let us know if you are successful - and how you got it to work....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.