Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Inaugural Trip with 2017 Challenger

We are at a nice campground in Williams AZ. Full hookups, beautiful scenery, nice staff.

So far, DW and I are not loving the RV life.

Took a shower this morning, got dressed, went outside. Heard water, went to rear of coach to find water flowing out the rear hatch, driver's side. Found more at rear hatch, passenger side. Turns out the rear grey water tank is leaking, badly. Can't see the source. So no more showers or using rear bath sink this trip. Fortunately the CG has showers.

Residential refrigerator works, but after over 24 hours continuous operation we'd expect it to be colder. But it's adequate.

TV wiring is all screwed up. Can only get the Sony DVD on the outside TV, no matter what I've tried. And while we have three Seiki TV's, only 2 HDMI cords run to the switcher cabinet. Wife is not happy.

It was cold this morning so I thought I'd try out the heater. The smell was bad but went away, as expected with a new unit. But after it ran a few minutes the smoke detector went off! Pushed reset and it stopped, and shut off heat. May try again tonight if it cools off enough.

On the brighter side, we are at a beautiful place. Setup took me a while because I intended it to, taking my time on everything. First time Leveling made us both a bit nervous, but it worked fine (Used manual mode).

Still trying to mount my new Garmin so I can see it without blocking the radio and cameras. But that ledge is the only place smooth enough for the suction cup. Trying some Velcro now.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum