Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 AM   #17
Tytlfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
If you have an Atwood heater, lower the door on your heater, the model number will be on a sticker on the right side of the interior frame:

G = Gas (propane)
C = Combo (gas + electric)
H = Heat Exchange (engine)
6 = 6 Gallon (or 10 for 10 Gallon)
AA = Heating Element
8 = Revision
E = Electronic Ignition
P = Pilot light

For example, my heater's model number is a G6A-8E (gas, 6 gallon, Electronic Ignition).

If it were a 6 gallon gas/electric, it would be a GC6... something.

Another way to tell is to look on the back of the heater. If there is an electric element, you will see it there. This is my heater, and there is no electric element:

If there is an electric element, there will be a black box on the backside of the tank like the one shown below:

Of course, this is a 6 gallon tank, a 10 gallon tank will look a bit different but have a similar box/lack of box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRut View Post
Tytlfamily - I have the exact problem with my furnace. Please let me know the outcome/fix.
Turns out there is no problem....I thought the furnace was supposed to have 2 speeds....but it does not....it only operates at one fan speed....that is what I confirmed with the Atwood tech.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.