Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I don't have a Ford motorhome, but tow a large 5th wheel with the diesel getting between 8.5 & 11.0 mpg, usually average 10.5 & wouldn't think of doing it with a gas engine regardless of fuel cost, the power & torque of a diesel make all the difference .
If you got your fuel averages from a TA truck they along with ALL the other truck stops are usually 20 cents or more higher than anywhere else off the highway. As far as oil changes you get one every 3-5k on your gas engine, my diesel is 10k or once a year & cost $60-80 depending where it's done.
Also if you have a 5000lb hitch, that's 500lb tongue weight, it should tow a Jeep 4 down as it would only add minimal hitch weight provided you don't go over the tow capacity of the rv, which it should be more than a 3800-4000lb Jeep.
In my opinion, at least for me, they could sell a lot more class Cs & As if they offered more diesel options. Tiffin used to offer a FRED, front end diesel, & for some reason didn't last but a couple years. I had the V10 Ford's at work & they'd pass everything except a gas station & personally skipped buying several class As because they only came with the Ford V10.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.