Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #8
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Ace 30.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Thanks guys (and gal!) for the reply. I've researched quite a bit, and I suppose a better question might be: do the sumos remove/replace the need for sway bars and or trac bars? Also, since I'm new to motorhome ownership, what is the cheap handling fix? Thanks so much for your help and advice!
For our motorhome the track bar keeps the rear wheels in the same line as the front wheels. The sumos help with sway, but where they really help, and what you really notice, is that the coach is not pushed by trucks on highways (even tandem trucks) and holds its lane in high winds. With such high sidewalls, our motorhome has a large "windage" surface area. When steady wind or gusts hit the coach broadside you can be pushed right out of your lane, even with CHF, track bars, SafeTPlus, and alignment. Just ask anyone who has driven across Kansas, Oklahoma, or Nebraska!!!
So sumos do something different than the track bar we installed.
I realize others may answer differently, but not all coaches behave the same way. What works great on a 27 footer, or a different chasis may not be enough for a bigger coach. So read all these responses keeping an eye on what they are driving, and decide what you want to fix/change about your coaches handling.
Good luck!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum