Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:36 AM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Did you have to change out the VEGAS/AXIS charger converter when you changed batteries, or did it work ok with them?
It has been my experience with two converter chargers in my 2014 Vegas and 2016 Axis that they do not work well - if at all. The converter charger is supposed to charge your batteries at 14.1v if they are seriously discharged until they get up to about 50% charge. Then it should drop down to about 13.5V until the batteries are fully charged. Finally it should drop the charge down to about 13.1v to keep the batteries charged and not boil your batteries. You can easily test if your charger is operating thus way with a volt meter. I have one permanently connected to my batteries. Neither of my OEM converter chargers ever got out of the 13.5v mode. If yours does not drop down to the 13.1v "float" mode, over time it will boil over your batteries and destroy them. If it does not charge at 14.1v when you batteries are below 50%, it takes a long time to recharge your batteries. I replaced my converter charger with a Progressive Dynamics 4655 which is a direct replacement and it works as it should.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.