Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #33
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
Ok, I learned a good lesson today.

Disconnected everything at the CG, packed up all our stuff. Pulled the wheel chocks, retracted the slides... WHOA! What the?!?!?!?

It rained last night. Sounded kinda nice and peaceful in the Challenger. When we leveled on Tuesday, the front Right came up a lot. Rear Left jack never even lowered at all. Apparently, the rain water settled on the full slide (left side), didn't drain because of the tilt. So when we retracted the slide, a lot of water came down inside the rig.

So my lesson is, retract the leveling jacks before retracting the slides!
Do what you want, but my advice is never operate your slides in or out without the jacks down. Your coach has a huge hole in it where the slide goes, if the jacks aren't down and your coach level you run a risk of your slide binding in that big hole. When you park and level your coach it's always a good idea to verify your jacks are down and level before moving the slides, this makes sure the frame of your coach is solid.

You should have received a manual for your jacks. Get a 36" bubble level, lower your jacks in automatic mode, use the level to see how your coach is sitting. If it's not level use the instructions in your manual to reset the automatic level. Many times from the factory the auto level is not set very well, mine was off enough I had to reset it, you should check yours too. Many people set their auto level VERY slightly low on the drivers side so the AC condensation will run off to that side.

Someone may disagree with this advice but in the end it's your coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum