Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #16
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
I just completed the CHF on the front of my 30.2. It is a GIANT pita laying on your back under the coach. Here's why: the lower tie rod ends bolts attaching the sway bar are in line with the spring. Probably because I had the coach on levelers in the back yard. Had to remove the entire tie rod upper and lower but needed to loosen the sway bar brackets. Moving the sway bar up to align the other holes was the feat of 2 men and a boy even with the sway bar brackets loose. Then I could remove the lower tie rod bolt. Reassembling; Getting the upper rubber bushing with the 2 washers in to the bracket was another pita. Had to work a drift pin in to align it all to get the bolt back in. 1 hr and 30 min later I had everything tightened back. Tomorrow I'll tackle the rear sway bar.
If you use a small bottle jack or scissor jack the bar is much easier to align. While you're at it you should lube the swaybar poly bushings. The rear bar has had a problem with the bushing brackets being loose, be sure to check those while you're under there.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.