Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 01:24 AM   #18
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Solar isn't going to hurt - but as mentioned - relies on the sun hitting the panel... and snow can affect that in Maryland...

If your rig is NOT plugged in:
When I was in the north - had no issue going 6 weeks or more with no power - battery disconnect in 'store'... On both my rigs (2000 and 2014) - the disconnects have been 'complete'. (Actually 2014 rig in backyard in in FL now - and hasn't been plugged in for 4+ weeks - checked batteries yesterday - and all was fine.)
If your disconnect doesn't really disconnect everything - then you can have an issue - but would normally affect the coach battery - not chassis... There you have a choice of chasing the loads to fix - or adding a manual disconnect.

If your rig is plugged in - and use switch is in 'Use' - it should be charging BOTH the coach and chassis - if it isn't - read Ed's manual section on the BIRD and BCC - figure out which your unit has and what is broke...

I used a battery minder on the 'non-toad' I left behind in MI for 3+ month snowbird trips in past winters... Have never used it on the RV.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.