Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #11
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
All dash cams have a primary function, videography of what's in front, and in some cases what's behind you. You can spend hundreds of dollars on a device that may or may not ever capture anything worthwhile. https://www.amazon.com/YI-1080P60-Da...ds=yi+dash+cam
This cam is $50, has good reviews and good video along with a free smartphone app.

My GMC Yukon has all kinds of lane detection, vehicle distance detection, and blind spot detection, I don't use any of it. I use my mirrors and that swivel device just below my head. I installed a 9" quad view monitor in the coach that allows all three cameras to be used at the same time. I keep the monitor set to the rear camera only, if I want to see what's beside me I look in the mirrors.

I developed the habit a long time ago of being constantly being aware of where traffic is around me in case of an emergency, I can see more around me with the mirrors than I can with the cameras.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.