Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 02:17 AM   #16
IdahoPoes

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Does anyone know where to get these window brackets as I have attached in the pictures? I have had several of these break, and need new ones. Currently, I have my shades tied up with welding wire.

While I had it all apart, I noticed that these day/night shades are very heavy. The shade over my dining unit is about 4-5' long and held up with just two of these brackets. Even when they are not broken, the shade bends even when sitting still. Also, I noted each bracket is held in by only one screw, and since the screws are simply run into the wallboard, they are stripped and really not doing much. I resolved this by putting in three screws with proper anchors, but I want to put more than two brackets on the heavy blinds, so I'll need extras when I replace the broken ones.

I don't know why the lack of quality continues to surprise me.
I had the two in my 33SW break off while driving and it nearly took out one of the windows. The RV tech that fixed it had Thor send him 4 new brackets and he installed them into the valance. Then he put L-brackets up (5) to hold the valance better. Works great now. This is a problem I have identified to Thor for their future installs.

Marshall

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.