Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The step up to the F-53 does make the ACE feel a lot bigger than it is--any step up from the E-Series chassis to the F-53 will make the F-53 unit feel a lot bigger (even if its a similar floor plan).

Take a look at the new 25.5 floor plan: You get the couch slide like in the 24.1 but a slightly bigger bathroom in the rear. The main drawback of this floorplan is that if you have more than 2 people and the person(s) up front need to use the restroom in the middle of the night they are climbing over the people on the bed (or walking past them if its used as 2 twins).

Or you could look at the 25.2 or 25.3 with the traditional beds in a slideout and a couch.

For us: I'm 5'10" 230lbs and find the shower a bit tight but not completely unusable. Our teenage son absolutely hates the shower LOL and he is only 5'8" or so and barely 100lbs. Putting in the ARC shower curtain rod really helped with making it a little more roomy (the newer units already have that).

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/axis/floor-plans/
The F53 is also 8" wider (102 vs 94" for the E350/450). 8" over 30' is 20 extra square feet without adding the extra square feet you get going from 25-30' in length. I'm 6' and 185 and I do not have a problem with the new arc shower curtain in the 24.1. My wife and I spent over 4 months in it from Florida to Alaska and back and we did just fine. No right answer here. Just what works for you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum