Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
swrving

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #8833
Towing 10,000lb Trailer with F550/Super C Chassis

Looking at Super C's and the specs for the Thor Four Winds/Chateau Super C's, they look pretty impressive when it comes to the GCWR vs GVWR suggesting there should be no issue from a rating perspective of towing a 10,000lb 26' enclosed trailer (hitch is also rated for this).

My biggest concern looking at the Thor Super C's is the size of the overhang over the rear wheels, so I'm just looking for people's experience with towing a trailer this heavy and any issue with the handling at highway speeds, passing semi's.

I would obviously ensure that proper weight distribution, sway control, and brake controller are used, I'm also ok with installing air bags on the RV itself it that's recommended, but some of my research on other Super C's revealed that installation of front end stabilizer links and bars can also be necessary, so just wanted to know what I might be getting myself into before making the purchase.

If this is discussed elsewhere, please point me to those threads, I tried to search but didn't come with anything quite like this. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum