Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #6
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Definitely go by what it says with your coach. Thor screwed us on our Class C. Everything for 2017 was E450, GVW 14,500, GCVW 22,000 when we ordered our coach but it was delivered as a 2018 on an E350, GVW 12,500, GCVW 18,500. Literature is meaningless to Thor. They do whatever and could care less about how changes affect the buyer. We've decided to drive it like it was a 450 and piss on Thor. #ThorLacksIntegrity
From one vet to another,,

I feel your pain with Thor, sometimes they just don't seem to get it!! On the other hand, I would be careful about exceeding those weights. Thor by law must post those numbers near the drivers seat, in the case of a trailer they are in a number of conspicuous laces, noting the maximum weights, empty weights etc.

If those weights are exceeded and there is a problem, Thor will claim no liability or responsibility since you knowingly exceeded those numbers.

When I take my rig in for service at a tire shop for alignment or a Ford dealer, they make me initial remarks on the service request that I don't want my tires inflated to the manufacturers recommended PSI. If I refuse to initial, then they refuse to work on it!

It's all a liability issue for Thor and Ford, but in your case where they advertised one set of numbers then delivered a rig with 20-30% less capacity, that's just wrong! I would definitely look into some type of legal remedy or action, sounds like they may have falsely advertised the numbers for that unit!!

Keep us posted!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum