Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
.....cut...... Took it to my tire guru yesterday and he said they all showed some cracking on the sidewalls. That surprised me because I often drive it 20 or 30 miles just to "keep it movin" and it hits the road often. Oh well, baby got new shoes.

You did the right thing.

I also had cracking, at tire shoulders, and it was deemed cosmetic by state inspection; at a tire shop of all places. I also had Ford look at tires recently during oil change and they didn't think it was an issue.

A couple of months later (a few weeks ago) one blew at high speed on Interstate. Granted, mine were much older and with a lot more miles, but what stood out is that the rubber was a lot more dry rotted than it appeared. Once the tire blew at about 70 MPH, it rolled uninflated for a distance before I got off the road, and the sidewall rubber essentially crumbled. The rubber apparently just couldn't flex much at all without breaking into pieces.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.