Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I use a Tire Minder system. It's maybe a little harder to install than some because it has a mandatory hard wired repeater. It's only 2 wires at any 12V source so it's not much work. I don't know if the signal repeater is needed but my system has been reliable as an anvil and it gives me great peace of mind to be able to see my individual pleasures in real time. It has good agreement with my gauge. I'm a bit anal about my tires so I carry a spare (though not the tools to change it - I'll call roadside assistance if I need to use it). Also carry a tire plugging kit and a compressor. If you research TPMS systems I'd be interested to learn if you find one with a rim mounted ( i.e. Internal like cars use). The stem mounted senders are fine but I'd like to do away with them at my first tire change. Good luck.
We just installed the TIREMINDER today. We showed 84 psi on air tank gauge, 80 on our mechanical truck gauge, and 77 on the TM sensor.

We inflated to the TM showing 80 psi (which is recommended cold pressure)

Are we now over inflated?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.