Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
airforceret

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I've had 2 v-10 and 1 diesel. There have been advantages and disadvantages to both. I miss the diesel exhaust brake in the mountains as it was a real benefit towing, but this new V-10 with the 6 speed automatic is far superior to my last V-10 when it comes to towing. It utilizes engine braking way better than my last v-10. I'm getting about 8-9 with the v-10 and got about 12-13 with the diesel. Fuels costs have varied so I think that equals out of time. Maintenance on the diesel was about 30% more than gas but you get that back in longevity and overall miles (if you keep it long enough).

I've not had one of the newer baby diesels in the Class C (not super C) so I have no idea how they perform. If I could have afforded a new Super C I'd have bought one with them with either the Dodge or the Ford chassis but that was about another $40 to $50k to go Super C and at my age and income that is just out of range for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.