Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 02:05 AM   #16
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
OK, I got the first iteration of the fix completed, but not sure I'm going to leave at this.
I got a 2x6 and cut a piece about 7.5" long. After I got it into the hole, I figured out the problem is exactly what yall say. The hole in the plywood deck under the shower at the drain is larger than it needs to be, actually about 8" across.
The 2x6 fits under the plywood nicely, but leaves about a 3/8" gap to the shower floor pad. So I found an old board that is about 3/8" thick and after trial and error cut it to about 7.5". The fun part is messing with these 2 pieces of wood to get them under the shower floor pad, such that they support the shower floor next to the drain.
See the photos attached. You can tell the new 2x6 from the old 3/8" board if you look close.
The only problem I have now is 1) the 2x6 seems like it should be a bit longer to get good footing across the hole; 2) "nailing" it in place.
I think I will cut another 2x6 piece about 1.5" longer and try it.
I will probably use some liquid nails to keep things in place, then try to use some "ell" brackets I bought to add "belt and suspenders".

Can't continue this till tomorrow as it is time to start prepping to go to work. Man, don't you just love graveyard shift!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prototype Fix 1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	6597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prototype Fix 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	6598  

Name:	Prototype Fix 3.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	6599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prototype Fix 4.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	6600  

Name:	Prototype Fix 5.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	6601  
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum