Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Axis/Vegas 24.1 waste diagram

Since I was working on the DIY Capacitive blank tank level sensor (see thread here: DIY Capacitive tank sensor) I figured I would ask Thor for my 24.1's black tank diagram.

Sure enough they delivered (see attached). Turns out my 24.1 does have a single vent on the roof which is plumbed to both tanks, but it also has cheater vents (or "Automatic Vent Tube Cap" as its called in the diagram) at each sink. Interesting.

Also clearly visible on the diagram is that the lavatory sink is plumbed to the black tank. Since this is on the diagram its clear that this arrangement is intentional (and thus not something you could go back to the dealer claiming as a warranty item "they plumbed my bathroom sink wrong!"). Interesting in that its plumbed to the vent and not directly to the tank... Another thought: since it runs right next to the shower drain you could make a mod and just run the sink to the shower pipe and plug the black run.

Makes me wonder if someone would simply ask Thor for "All the diagrams on the coach?" would they just send out a complete PDF of all the available diagrams?? (instead of this piecemeal thing we've been doing)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Axis241DrainageLayout.pdf (63.4 KB, 857 views)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum