Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Quantum
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Welcome to the fun world of RVing. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. I think your experiences are pretty typical and that once you get the early bugs addressed you'll get many years of good service from your machine. I had the same issue with my awning and discovered that it retracted much better (still slow but at least reliably) if we were on shore power or generator. I believe the added voltage associated with being on the charger made the difference. It went from being a huge concern to a minor annoyance. (FWIW I think the issue is that the motor is a bit undersized to its task. The awning goes out well because the gas struts are "helping" to push it out wile they are resisting coming in.).

Warranty notwithstanding I'd try to fix as many of the issues myself to avoid dealer hassles. Many of he electrical issues might be as simple as making sue wires are connected to switches and such.

All the best.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum