Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Apology
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #42
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
It seems to me that Lemonis' comment is being misquoted out of context. I went back to original statement and listened to his interview on CNBC and his tone isn't as divisive as I thought it would have been based on press reports.

He used poor wording for sure, but was talking against racism, not Trump supporters in general. To me it sounds like he said that if you support racist views, then don't shop at Camping World. And even that was stated as part of a larger conversation on how CEOs need to be careful how they interject their personal views, so was using it as an example.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html

I did the same and came to the same conclusion. It was a deal breaker for me and CW until I went back to his original comment. Poor wording but his intent obviously was not to dis all Trump supporters but radical racists. Still shouldn't have said it but ok...more evidence of politicized "news"reporting! BTW I was in CW this week and a salesman who worked there told me he personally had two pending deals cancelled over this. Maybe it's a bit of leverage if getting a better deal? Buying RVs is not like marrying the company. Just saying.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.