Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
scooterdudetim1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #4471
Windshield Wipers get stuck

On a 2016 Ford Thor Hurricane the windshield wipers travel too far to the drivers side of the windshield and when it is windy they will get stuck all the way to the drivers side. The passenger wiper actually travels below the windshield rubber molding and the end of it gets stuck below the drivers wiper mounting bolt. This usually happens when the wipers are on full speed.
I had read somewhere on this forum that the fix is to remove the arm from the drive bolt and reinstall it 1 notch counterclockwise from the original position. After removing the nut from the wiper drive bolt I expected to see a splined drive bolt.
Instead there is a special bolt that has been cut flat on two sides and is threaded on the radius sides. The wiper arm will not slide off of the drive bolt, so I am needing to find out how to remove the arm from the bolt so that I can reposition it more counterclockwise on the drive bolt.
Does anyone know how to get wiper arm off the drive bolt?
Thanks
Tim Parks
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7214.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	6831

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.