Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Axxera Radio
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #13
PeteBailey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
I purchased a 2018 Chateau 31Y in June and didn't even get it off the lot before the Axxera AVM70LH started to get glitchy. Dealer put a new one a week later and it worked for about 50 miles and then died. Dealer ordered a third one, but discovered it was (I think) the 2 amp fuse before replacing again.

I really don't like when you use your turn signals and it coverts to the camera you lose your audio! Any fix?
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29M that had the same problem with turn signals causing audio to be lost. Not only did the radio go silent when turn signals were on it did the same when I shifted into reverse. The other issue I had with the turn signals was that I like to leave the rear camera on when driving so I can see my Jeep. Any time I used the turn signals the monitor would return to the radio screen instead of the camera where I wanted it.

I pulled the radio out from the dash and when I looked at the wiring I found an orange wire labeled "Back View Control". I disconnected that wire and now the cameras work the way I want them to. Shifting to reverse or using the turn signals doesn't automatically switch to camera view and silence the radio but I can manually switch to camera mode and it stays on the camera and switches to the correct side camera when signals are used.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.