Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 03:08 AM   #1
Bama57

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #8896
New Outlaw 29h ...leaking garage A/C

Frist rain on my new 29h outlaw and I noticed water puddling on the garage floor under the small a/c....after closer inspection the water was coming from the A/C enclosure. Took the trim off the enclosure and removed the small 5000btu window unit from the enclosure..looked up and saw nothing but sky! It seems Thor utilizes a refrig. Vent on the top of the RV for the garage A/C ventilation...well on this one they forgot to put the vent cover on!...So I call customer service and explain the issue...was told I had to take it to dealer...I explained to the customer rep. that is would be more expedient and less expensive if they would just send me the damn forgotten cover and I would put it on...they have to check on that and get back to me...so no call back in a day..I just ordered the 20$ cover from amazon, be here tomorrow.

It seems that Thor is very aware of their quality control issues, but have taken a stance of attrition to wear down the consumers. This is one of many issues with this new RV. Most I have managed to correct myself, including this one, but I thought it would have been nice of them to at least furnish the missing cover! So it looks that common sense is not a business factor at Thor Motor Coach Inc...I mean, send the guy who just plucked 80k down for one of your products a frickin 5$ plastic cover and move on..but no....attrition to the end...so that 5$ frickin plastic cover is going to cost them a lot more hopefully in lost sales as I am determine to make it my passion to let as many people know of just what you are getting if you buy a Thor product...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum