Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Toilet Trouble
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I remember seeing a lot of chatter about this, either here or on the other forum I frequent...

If I understand the problem correctly, many of the traditional poo pyramid solutions don't help

The inlet pipe lands on a shelf in the tank
... here's a picture I found online just to illustrate the idea... not the real tank in question, just something roughly similar....
So the flush lands on the shelf, with the water quickly running into the lower portion, forcing pyramid construction up out of the water.

The only thing I remember seeing was that some folks were installing tank rinsing jets positioned to wash this area down regularly.

My thought is to plumb the rinse jet to flow with every flush. Might help a little but not likely the real solution....

Too bad you can't get access in there to install a little ramp or wedge to that area.....would reduce overall capacity a bit but that might be a worthy tradeoff....or a pipe extension to direct the flow of the flush...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV-Holding-Tanks.jpg.pagespeed.ce.cxuPVNtP3a.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	6907  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.