Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #6
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
for our summer trip to the canyon this year, I had hoped to have reservations for the canyon, as well as at least one major destination stop midway enroute in each direction.
For the grand canyon I think it was January or February when I made my July reservation. Come march or april...or was it may?.... when we had to reschedule to June, the place was booked solid for the entire summer. No big deal, we boon docked in the national forest. There was also commercial stuff available if that's more your thing.
We did the entire 19 day trip without any prior reservations. A few places we reserved maybe the day before...and a few others we wished we had because there was no spots left.... but we figured it out and had fun.... One place we stumbled across...Palo Duro Canyon, we had no idea about till the lady in the visor center told us about it... we sure do wish we would have had reservations. It was a nice park.... but you can't plan what you don't know...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.