Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #8
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Had the same thing in my rear tv. Tracked it down to a bad cable connection up behind the microwave near or on the ant. power unit. IIRC, the center wire in the cable was not skinned or still had insulation on it.
Thanks for the info. I'll check that out.
We discovered the ant power booster to be located in the front area just inside the main entry door inside an overhead cabinet. We didn't even know it exist until we connected the park cable on our 1st camp outing and could not get anything at all to work. I made a trip to the office asking about the cable and the guy came down, connected a small TV to the cable at the pole. When it worked, he asked if we had turned "off" the ant power booster? Since we knew nothing about it, he came inside and helped us locate it. Turned it off and 2 of the 3 TV's started working on cable. Front room and outside.
Once we returned home my orig issue returned. The bedroom TV is located or mounted on a cabinet door and the cable runs into a wall outlet. The guy at CW tightened this connector with pliers but to no avail. I discovered by chance that playing with this connector it will wiggle back and forth and start working then freeze up. As in the screen will freeze. Maybe part of the issue is behind this wall panel.

Again, sorry for the post hi-jack and the helpful info. I'll look further tomorrow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum