Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
patnoib

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #5440
Dog missing her window view - where does your pup ride?

I know there are tons of RVing doggies out there so I'm hoping for some ideas. Our 11yr old 22lb min schnauzer LOVES looking out the window on car rides, but I have not found a good place for her in our 2016 Axis 25.2. She likes to be close to us, so she will not ride on the couch in back by herself. Occasionally she will brave the dash on a smooth road, but I think she's too old to really take to this. Of course, she takes over the co-pilot seat when DH is napping on the couch.

For now, we have her dog bed on the floor between the driver/passenger seat but she can't see out the window from there. We really needed an elevated bed, one that she can get in/out on her own, and that we can stow when not in use. I have not found a good solution. I tried this 15"x15"x15" pet ottoman from amazon, but it was too small for her to lay on top and to tipsy (more for a cat or small pup).

There's a little bit of room between the window and seats, too, that might work for something homemade. I think there's more room between the driver seat and window and I'd be willing to cover up the mirror controls, cup holder, etc.

Any ideas how to get this pup her window view??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-26 09.05.45.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	7048   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-27 07.45.33.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	7049  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	266
Size:	395.0 KB
ID:	7050  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum