Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #10
camperguy99

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
Some of you will take exception to this idea but it worked for me. We had a Keystone 5th wheel with 50 amp service. With one AC it is not possible to use 50 amps. I got a 10-3 with ground type SO (I think or SJ outdoor use) rubberized cable and wired it into my 50 service with the standard 50 amp plug for the pedestal. 10 Gage is well able to blow the 50 amp breaker but you could change the 50 amp to 30 amps. Remember that you actually get 50 (or 30 amps) times two, so a lot of power. For nearly 10 years not one iota of problem with this setup. I can understand the concern some may have of this fix but it sure is easier to roll out and most important, roll back up! The biggest problem is the $3/foot or so cost of the cable. We now moved up to a class A that came with the electric cable wind up that works great for the 50 amp cord. But now we have three AC's to feed!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum