Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #6
Mikerv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #1749
I am have the same problem with the dead battery. While I don't have if fixed I have found some thing along the way.

I disconnected the coach batteries so that I am only dealing with the truck battery. I found that I was having a 600 ma draw with nothing on. This is why after 1 week the battery died.

I troubleshooting this I found that when I pull fuse 31 in the power distribution box the current went down to 200 ma. This fuse is for the instrument cluster. With the fuse back in and the instrument cluster connector disconnected the current would stay at 200 ma. When reconnected the current would go back to 600 ma. The cluster is drawing 400 ma. I am not going to fix this yet but keep the panel disconnected until needed.

Continuing to work on the other 200 ma I found when pull fuse 25 from fuse panel in the cab. the current would go down to 125 ma. This fuse is for the demand lighting. I have not found the light yet but I am leaving that fuse out at the moment.

I still have to work on finding the last 125 ma draw but I have done enough for today and will work on it later next week.

I hope this helps you with some thing I have found.

If you find a schematic of the instrument panel let me know maybe I can find out what is wrong with that where it goes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum