Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #18
Druff

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
We were going to get a super c 35sd but then couldn't justify the extra 45 grand just for the diesel engine. We had a F250 diesel with our 5th wheel so we figured we would want that for the motorhome as well. But then we drove the 31W with the V10 and it seems to have plenty of power even pulling our car. We went to Florida from WI last winter and had no problems pulling mountains. My father in law was behind me with his Chevy diesel and 5th wheel and was surprised I could pull the mountains at speed like that. As far as mileage the diesels only get 2-3 better and with the 45k savings we figured it would never pay off. Inside space is the same also. The extra 4 ft of the Super c is almost all in the hood. I think you gain about 1.5 in the coach, that's it. Don't get me wrong if money were no object I would have a super c myself but it would be one on a Freightliner chassis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.