Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #23
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Wiper trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdudetim1 View Post
On a 2016 Ford Thor Hurricane the windshield wipers travel too far to the drivers side of the windshield and when it is windy they will get stuck all the way to the drivers side. The passenger wiper actually travels below the windshield rubber molding and the end of it gets stuck below the drivers wiper mounting bolt. This usually happens when the wipers are on full speed.
I had read somewhere on this forum that the fix is to remove the arm from the drive bolt and reinstall it 1 notch counterclockwise from the original position. After removing the nut from the wiper drive bolt I expected to see a splined drive bolt.
Instead there is a special bolt that has been cut flat on two sides and is threaded on the radius sides. The wiper arm will not slide off of the drive bolt, so I am needing to find out how to remove the arm from the bolt so that I can reposition it more counterclockwise on the drive bolt.
Does anyone know how to get wiper arm off the drive bolt?
Thanks

Tim Parks
Attachment 6831

Hi, I had the same trouble with my Challenger 37GT. The trouble was not with the wipers but with the arm control bracket. I put it in the shop several times, adjusted the position of the wiper arms and so on but every time I would turn them on while on the freeway they would flop way over and bind.

Try to look at the wiper motor itself and the gears that run the arms. The bracket itself was flexing when any wind pressure was applied (such as driving). The gear box (for lack of knowing what else to call it) was allowing the arms to be put in a bind, there should be no flexing in this and once I finally took the mechanic by the hand and showed him this (and explained it to him!) they finally reenforced this and it finally fixed the issue. Just be sure to inspect and replace the wiper arms themselves as mine were bent just slightly enough to not clean the windshield properly.

Hope this helps
Don

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum