Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #17
RUJEEPN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #1756
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Having removed the door next to my stuck door, was able to reach 2 screws holding catch plate to cut them off with hammer and chissel.

Finally was able to post pic of inside of latch. Screw holding trip arm had backed out so this door was never going to open. I called Thor and the tech said they had never heard of this happening. It would be an easy fix if this happens to just crawl through from the other side and remove the latch plate from the inside. But when this happens to a door where you can't crawl though, or on you generator door, or even on the convenience door, big issue.

Going thru every latch today and making sure this screw is adjusted properly plus greasing interior moving parts. This may go on my annual maintenance list. Certainly do not want it happening again while on the road.

Attachment 4894

Thanks so much for the info! This was very helpful, as we also had a door we couldn't open. We were able to cut the 2 screws same as you, but we were lucky & didn't have to remove the door next to it, just open it & had access to the screws. As mentioned above, the screw holding trip arm was loose. Everything is fixed now & all other latches were serviced today.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum