Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Snow chains
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 04:19 AM   #16
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
I lived in those mountains many years ago when the hordes didn't travel up on the weekends. I believe that that issue is a bit different from someone who intentionally crosses the country in a RV knowing that they will run into snow and need chains. By the way, Caltrans and the CHP can only restrict the state highway to require chains or carry them. They cannot legally "close" the state highway to only residents. If I am wrong, I would like to see a vehicle code that says I am. I have a lot of company it appears when it comes to those of us that have no intention of traveling in the snow with our RVs. Don't worry, you won't see me on Hwy 38 with my RV. You may see me in my vintage 4x4 driving wherever I want even though I am not a resident.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.