Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The largest rear compartments I've seen from Thor are when the rear walk-around queen bed is stationary with headboard at back wall of motorhome. I happen to like this layout a lot.

Thor does an OK job with these designs for those who want permanent walk-around bed and don't necessarily want or need an expandable bedroom. The design should also work very well with Twin/King beds like on Axis 24.1.

The main issue for us (and a few others I'm sure) is that these layouts (or similar) aren't offered in smaller motorhomes. At present I can find the Class C Chateau 28Z and Class A 31Z that start at close to 30 feet in length, and go larger from there.

The other difference compared to Euro-style "garages" is that they are not as tall nor have a flat load floor. That makes loading bikes, scooters, or motorcycles less practical. Thor has manufactured a few motorhomes with large and tall garages in rear, but they were fairly large front-engine diesels. We looked at a couple of these but they were so large and so noisy.

I suppose they could be reading the market, but as far as I know they haven't tried a large and tall Euro-style garage in a smaller motorhome. Given that most European motorhomes have one, why not give it a try? Even if offered as a cost-added option.

This is picture of bike garage from larger 31Z. Not ideal in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5622.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	7140  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum