Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #12
Druff

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
I bought 7 wheels and 6 tires. They will come all mounted and balanced. I will put them on myself in my business shop with the help of an employee. We have Freightliner trucks so we have all the heavy lifting equipment. I have been able to do all of my own suspension mods so it saves a lot of money.

The 16" wheels and tires I will just stack in the corner with a sheet on them to put back on if I trade it off in the future.

I will still just carry the 16" spare. I bought the extra wheel just in case I bend one down the road I would have one to replace it with. Since they are custom built you never know if you can get one later. A tire I could always get.

They couldn't seem to get the wheel simulators in time for my order so they sent along just the chrome center caps. I will mask off the tires and paint the wheels tan to match the camper. It will probably be nicer anyway because it will be easier to access the valve stems. With the simulators now it is a pain. A month ago I sliced my finger open on the simulator trying to change the battery in one of the pressure sensors.

I will take before and after pictures when I get them on. DW thinks it will look kinda retro.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum