Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #10
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Just had my month old Axis 25.5 back in dealer's service yesterday because none of the 3 TV's would "see" the antenna and read "No Signal". They removed microwave to get to the antenna booster module. They told me it was corroded and bad and had to be replaced. I have to ask why would a brand new Axis have a corroded booster? Seems like it would have likely showed signs of corrosion when some factory idiot installed it, without caring. So, a new one is now on order. Thor quality control is somewhere between slim and none. Previously, my Axis had to have the inverter/charger replaced. It too was bad from the factory. That replacement had my then brand new unit tied up in the shop or 28 days, partly due to dealer service dept. incompetence when they didn't even order the replacement inverter for 10 days a partly because Thor took another 10 days to ship it.
As I already indicated, quality control seems to be an unknown concept at Thor.
Oldchief,
I agree, Thor has an issue with quality and they seriously need to address it. But, then so does the dealer locations we have to use.
I have not been subject to a lot of the issues I read about YET. However, I’m sure my time is on the way.
When I become King, first thing changed, will be that production will no longer be paid on a piece meal system.
That’s OK if you are making bottle caps or pillow case covers.
Any time holes are being drilled and bored through wood, sheet metal, and fiberglass, water storage tanks being installed in the same bay with electrical panels someone should take a few minutes to run a shop vac in the area and clean up behind themselves often. I have discovered raw wire pieces as long as 10 inches, stripping from elect wires, wood chips, sheet metal chips and screws out the wazoo from end to end and side to side of my coach.
This is absolutely without question caused by poor quality work by the employees AND the quality control people. All obviously allowed by the company for the sake of cranking out numbers of units.
Thor could seriously use some seasoned aircraft quality control (QC) Quality Eng (QE) and Manufacturing Engineering (ME) people that do not report to the production managers, directors and VP’s.
Poor workmanship has no excuse worthy of sending out a motor coach that cost the end user $70,000 to a million dollars.
Actually, I started my own collection of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and it pretty much ½ fills a quart size zip lock bag. That’s just the hardware found. I did show my FOD bag to an employee at a dealer and the first thing he said is that’s a lot of FOD. Turned out he too was an aircraft guy.
Funny thing, he assured me it’s the same in all units regardless of the cost. That sure settled my thoughts and feelings about things. LOL
I was told of a unit that cost over 200 G and the refrigerator was not secured as required and was lying over in the isle broken when it was delivered from the factory to the dealer. Not to mention all the FOD.
Well, it looks like I wondered off into center field.
Good luck with your quest Sir.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum