Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
X2. If the back of the site is low enough that my leveling wants to raise my rear wheels off the ground then I will move to another site. It the front wheels come off the ground then I will set it back down, drive up on blocks, and re-level so the front wheels are supported.

You can also try to ground the jacks manually and level manually instead of just pushing "auto level". Sometimes this will let you raise the front just enough to get level but keep the front wheels on the ground. Usually in these circumstances you will be resting just on your rear suspension and the rear jacks really won't be supporting much so you may feel a little more movement back there.

I know it probably won't hurt the system to raise the front wheels off the ground with the leveling jacks, but IMHO is certainly puts a lot of stress on it when with a few easy steps can be avoided.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum