Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkyrvr View Post

....cut....

1. What do you think about the step halfway down the sides of the bed? She thinks it is going to be a terrible inconvenience, but I think that perhaps you would just sit on the bed at floor level before the step and pivot onto the bed anyway.

....cut.....
We've traveled in the Thor 28A before, which as far as I know has the same bedroom as the 28Z, and did not have an issue with getting into bed.

However, on one 3-week trip with my parents (we let them have the bedroom), my mother who was already fairly old at the time, and also short, complained about how hard it was to get into bed. At her age going up any steps was challenging. We worked around the problem by using a short plastic folding step next to bed.

At least in the 28A floorplan, the bed was a little too high for her to crawl into, and the high step over the MegaStorage rear compartment was way too tall for her to use as an intermediate landing. Long-term a permanent step on the passenger side for her to use could have been added.

Depending on your size and physical abilities, I guess it's a legitimate question/concern.

By the way, the picture below is very close to the 28A we rented, and shows large step over storage compartment -- just to make sure I'm discussing the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5631.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	7180  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.