Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tire Shred
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I can only answer your last question as our CR-V is a 2015 and non-flat towable. Your steering wheel is locked when a pawl is inserted into a locking groove. It is possible to turn your key to a position that would lock the steering wheel, but the pawl and groove are not lined up, so you can move the steering wheel and it won't feel locked until it moves far enough for the pawl to drop into the groove.

Only you can say if you think this may be a possibility in your case.
Thanks. I'm afraid I'll never find the true cause. I want to find out so a repeat can be avoided. For now I guess all we can do is review our check list and make sure every item is done in order and correctly with no distractions. With your suggestion the only thing I can come up with is the steering wheel was unlocked but the key not quite turned far enough to remain in the first position. But then it would be found to be locked after towing? If it had locked the last trip returning home was 110 miles. Enough I suppose to ruin the tires on a fairly straight run on I10 to home. Hmm. Frustrating not to know for sure.
Thanks again.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum