Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Ok, went to my sisters to do some trouble shooting.

Electric does work. We opened up the panel behind the hot water heater to make sure all connections were tight and they were.

Outside, when turning to gas, you hear one click and smell gas. I assume that click is the gas valve opening, but not sure. I don't think it's the igniter. Am I correct that if the igniter was working correctly, it would spark repeatedly and you would hear more like click, click, click, click, click?

After 20-30 seconds, another click. Then a third. I assume that's it trying three times and then going into shutdown mode like a gas furnace at home.

All connections appear to be tight. I didn't actually test without the thermal cutoff (I should have), but there was no obvious signs that the wire was broken.

At this point, I think it's likely the igniter or the circuit board.

At least electric does work, as we are supposed to be going on a five night trip next week.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.