Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #10
AlwaysDreaming

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #9392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
I installed an inverter, and similar to what Ted did, I took the general receptacles line from the breaker box, and the inverter output and ran it into a 15 amp auto transfer switch. The output of the transfer switch goes to the first receptacle in the general receptacle circuit. The auto transfer switch is made by Xantrex and is roughly $50. There are plugs through out the MH on this circuit.

No way would I even considering backfeeding the power with your suicide cord. Having to remember to unplug it, turn the breakers all back on and after travelling a day remembering it before plugging into shore power, your looking for a disaster. As we age, you must relate going upstairs in your house to get something, and when you get upstairs wonder why you went upstairs. Why have a solution with risks, instead of just doing it the right way for an additional $50 .

I use a K-Cup like style single cup coffee maker. It is labelled under the Betty Crocker name and the rating on it is 1000 watts. It uses around 600 though.
I like this approach. Good tip on matching the batteries from gmc as well.
Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.