Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 3901 Aria
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #10
CSR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Aria 3901 – Noises While Traveling

NOTE – We’re still in the shakedown phase. So far, we find the overall interior sound of the coach to be okay/fair. It’s not as quiet as a passenger car/truck, but we don’t expect it to be. To-date, we have not found any noise issues that cannot be resolved (see below). Overall, we’re pretty satisfied with our Aria so far.

INTERIOR - Squeaks, Rattles and Knocks:
We have experienced a few minor noises inside the coach while traveling, but nothing (so far…) that we have not come to expect with an RV. In most cases we’ve been able to identify and resolve the noises with a minimal time and effort.

Examples of noises remedied:
  • We make sure the exterior door, all windows, vents, cabinet doors and drawers are closed securely. In many cases, it’s the simple things…
  • The overhead bunk bed was squeaky, but was resolved by our dealer before we took delivery. No problems since.
  • Initially, all of the shades rattled/clanked against each other and the window frames, but we remedied that quickly by applying felt/soft Velcro tape to the back of all the shades. Problem solved!
  • I also added some felt tape to the inside of a few cabinet doors.

Quaking Slide:
We have occasionally noticed a slight (not alarming) quaking sound coming from the top of the slide behind the driver seat. From what I can tell so far, it goes away and/or settles down after a few miles down the road. I’m still looking into this, but I suspect it may be the slide settling into place after being retracted. This is one of the items we will have our dealer look at.

EXTERIOR – Shuddering Noises:

We’ve experienced some shuddering noises coming from the outside front passenger side, mostly during strong cross and head winds. After inspecting the underside of the front cap/hood, I noticed two things:
  1. Although the front cap appears to be sufficiently secured to the coach on the top and sides, my coach does not have a brace to secure the BOTTOM of the front cap on the passenger side to the frame of the coach (near the generator fan). However, THERE IS a brace on the on the opposite side (driver’s side) of the bottom of the cap that does secure that side to the frame. The lack of a brace on the passenger side allows for more play in the cap on that side while under stress, hence the small crack that is developing on the lip of the cap in that area.
  2. The bottom of the front hood on the passenger side does not securely latch shut like the driver’s side does. As a result, the hood appears to be shuddering under stress. I suspect this may be the primary source of the noise we are hearing.

We are confident our dealer will be able to resolve both items.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.