Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #20
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post

The bad new is this:

I was quite surprised to see how chewed up the track is after two months of use.

When I heard the "pop" in my right side track, (and small particle parts of the drive gear and aluminum track fell to the floor), that was the very first time I thought to actually look at the rail.

Mine was chewed up much more than that, with many broken missing pieces, (as evident in the very bottom of yours).

If the two, (left and right), motors are synced they do not stress the rail. With normal lube and wear the aluminum just looks dark, (like at the top).

After dozens of complete up and down cycles, (after my warranty replacement of the Schwintek motors and rails), they now just look dark and greasy, without any gouging of the aluminum rail.

The gouging of the aluminum indicates that some out-of-sync operation has already taken place.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum